Saturday 27 December 2014

Artsy Fartsy ...

Salutations my platitudinous plebeians!
...
Ha! I'm just kidding, I adore you guys! (please don't kill me.)

I have basically been doing a few Photoshop effects experiments, when I stumbled across a 'Teen Book Cover' challenge on my friend's form. So I figured it was time to put the effects experiments into good use and try out a cover!

Problem was... I tried out a watercolour effect and I think I flunked it. But I didn't know if it was suitable to present or not, so I'm posting both the coloured cover and the watercolor cover because I wasn't sure which one was better. Besides! I can just use one for the blurb and one for the actual cover!

Anywhootzurs! You guys decide:

BEFORE:
 

AFTER (1):




AFTER (2):



So yeah!

I could just give you guys the 'blurb' that came with the assignment, but it was just your stereotypical 'girl tries to fit into her new school' teen flick, so I ain't going to waste my font space.

Was the coloured one a bit too flashy? I should've went easy on the paint shouldn't I?

Anywhoots,
I'll see if I've improved on the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment